Roast lamb with rosemary and garlic
- Leg of lamb weighing 2.5kg/5lb 8oz
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 glass of red wine (about 150ml).
- Stock of 1.2l beef and lamb
- STEP 1Use a sharp, pointed knife to make at least 30 incisions on the lamb’s leg.
- STEP 2Peel and slice 4 cloves of 1 bulb garlic. Next, insert a slice of each clove into each incision. Next, grab 1 bunch of rosemary and pull off small sprigs to push into the incisions.
- STEP 3Cover the lamb leg well with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Before roasting, remove the lamb from the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- STEP 4Oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Brown the lamb’s leg on all sides.
- STEP 5Place 2 carrots in a large roasting pan. Add 1 glass red wine, 1 cup beef stock or lamb stock and the rest of the garlic and rosemary. Then, place the browned lamb in the tray.
- STEP 6Bake for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes. Turn the lamb leg halfway through to ensure that each side is in the stock by the time it is done.